Selected talks and tutorials :
- "Computational fact-checking: problems, state of the art and perspectives", at BDA 2018 and EGC 2019.
- "Discovery in RDF Graphs", keynote at the DEXA Conference, Lyon, 2017.
- "Toward Analytics for RDF Graphs", invited talk at the Big Graph Analysis Systems workshop, Copenhagen, 2017.
- Reasoning on Web Data: Algorithms and Performance, tutorial at the ICDE 2015 (with D. Bursztyn, F. Goasdoué and A. Roatiș) (slides)
- "Cloud-based RDF Data Management", tutorial at the SIGMOD Conference 2014 (slides)
- "Fact-Checking the Web: Content Management Technologies for a Democratic Decision Process", tutorial at the Workshop on Open Data 2013 (slides: part 1, slides: part 2)
- "Architectures and algorithms for Web data management in the cloud", talk at an Univ. Paris Sud seminar on Clouds for Scientific Computation, November 2012 (video)
- "A journey into semistructured data: Where the wild things are", course at the EIT ICT Labs summer school "Imagine the Future", September 2012 (PDF slides)
- "Triples with a purpose", keynote talk at the Semantic Search over the Web workshop next to the VLDB 2012 conference, August 2012 (PDF slides)
- "The Web in the era of Linked Open Data: towards the Universal Database", at the interdisciplinary Séminaire D'Alembert, March 2012 (PDF slides, video)
- Ioana Manolescu:"Warehousing Web Data", invited talk at the Data Engineering Meets Semantic Web (DeSWeb) workshop, in conjunction with the ICDE 2011 conference, April 2011 (PDF slides).
- With Spyros Zoupanos:"ViP2P: XML views in peer-to-peer", course at the 2010 BDA summer school, May 2010 (PDF slides).
- "Optimization Techniques for XML Query Processing", HDR (Habilitation a Diriger des Recherches) presentation, october 30, 2009 (PDF slides)
- "Web Data Management on DHT networks", joint invited talks at the XSym (XML Symposium) and DBPL (Database Programming Languages) workshops in conjunction with the VLDB 2009 conference. (PDF slides)
- With Stefan Manegold: "Performance Evaluation in Database Research: Principles and Experience", tutorial at the ICDE 2008 conference, April 2008. (PDF slides)
- With Yannis Papakonstantinou: "XQuery Midflight: Emerging Database-Oriented Paradigms and a Classification of Research Advances", tutorial at the ICDE 2005 conference, April 2005. (PDF slides)
- "XML query processing: storage and query model interplay", tutorial at the EDBT 2004 summer school, Santa Margherita di Pula, Sardegna, Italy, August 2004 (PDF slides)
Lerner: "The nuts and bolts of DBMS construction:
building your own prototype", tutorial at the SBBD 2003 conference,
Manaus, Brazil, October 2003 (PDF slides)
Ceri: "Constructing and integrating data-centric
Web Applications: Methods, Tools, and Techniques", tutorial at the
VLDB 2003 conference, Berlin, September 2003 (PDF slides).
"Adaptive and self-tuning query processing",
tutorial at the EDBT 2002 summer school, Cargese, August 2002 (PDF slides).